OUR FAMILY HELPING YOUR FAMILY
~A BOUTIQUE LAW FIRM TO HANDLE YOUR LEGAL NEEDS~
CAIN & SNIHUR is a full service boutique law firm founded by former Miami-Dade County Court Judge/family law attorney, May L. Cain, and her husband, commercial and probate attorney William J. Snihur, Jr. We can help your family in times of need.
Whether you need assistance with marital and/or custody issues, domestic violence, the incapacity or death of a loved one, or the purchase and sale of your business, we are here to help.
WE LISTEN TO YOU
Our goal is to provide our clients with personal attention. When you call, you speak to a partner — not to an associate or paralegal. We listen and can help you through challenging times. We care enough to provide you with a free phone consultation.
WHAT WE DO
We provide a wide range of legal services, advice and representation, and focus on these key areas:
- FAMILY LAW — Complex family law matters throughout Florida, which often include domestic violence, child custody and child support, relocation, alimony, equitable distribution, post-judgment proceedings and modIfications, domestic partnerships, criminal matters, DCF investigations and high net worth divorces. Our services also include paternity, time-sharing, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- COLLABORATIVE FAMILY LAW — While some matters are high conflict and cannot be resolved without court intervention, there is a growing trend to choose to work out differences in a more congenial and amicable setting. This can be accomplished through voluntary participation in a collaborative family law setting. Collaborative Family Law includes the participation of collaboratively-trained professionals who assist the parties in solving their problems in a non-adversarial manner.
- WILLS, TRUSTS, HEALTHCARE SURROGATES, POWERS OF ATTORNEY — No one likes to deal with the thought of their own mortality, but doing so takes the burden off of loved ones. We can advise you in the best way to preserve your assets for you and your family and ensure that your wishes will be carried out. Whether you need a simple will or a complex Trust, Power of Attorney, Living Will or Healthcare Surrogate, our firm can provide you with the level of comfort you deserve.
- PROBATE AND TRUST ADMINISTRATION & LITIGATION— When you need us most, we’re here to help navigate the probate court process and details of property distribution to you or your loved ones and any disputes that may arise.
- GUARDIANSHIP — If it becomes necessary to manage the financial or healthcare needs of a loved one or minor, a guardian may have to be appointed by the court. We can ease the burden and guide you through the guardianship proceedings.
- BUSINESS AND CONTRACTS — Buying or selling a business? Going into partnership with your best friend? Forming a corporation or other business entity? Or, maybe it’s time to disassociate yourself from a business deal gone bad! Call us. We provide our clients with personalized solutions to their business needs.
- CIVIL LITIGATION — Want to sue or are you being sued? You need the right representation. Someone who will look at your case in a creative way and give you the advice you need. Be it corporate, complex litigation, business disputes, breaches of contract, clergy abuse, domestic violence or construction litigation. We’ll assess your situation and provide you with our professional advice.
- CRIMINAL LAW — We have handled cases in the trial and appellate courts in Florida, including capital death cases in the Florida Supreme Court, where we had convictions and death sentences reversed. From misdemeanors to felony cases, we take each matter seriously and zealously defend your constitutional rights.
- MEDIATION — As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator, May L. Cain can facilitate a settlement in the most difficult family cases.
- APPEALS & EXTRAORDINARY WRITS — Our firm has handled ground-breaking cases that have resulted in favorable decisions for our clients. We handle appeals and extraordinary writs in all Florida state courts and administrative matters.
CALL CAIN & SNIHUR AT 305.956.9000 FOR A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION
OR CONTACT US ONLINE TODAY! WE LOOK FORWARD TO ASSISTING YOU.